Supplier Quality Engineer (m/f/d)
Introduction to the job
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. Based on a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that enable the lithography industry to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished via a close collaboration with our suppliers.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer that takes a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on Parts Quality.
You will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the Supplier & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of your cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of NPI parts delivered by our suppliers, to prevent and minimize supplier part related disturbances in the ASML factory and at ASML customers.
Role and responsibilities
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities (incl. other SQE colleagues) within the allocated project
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way
- Steer supplier to design and optimize a production and qualification process to control parts quality
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW)
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection
- Deliverables that secure the Supplier Parts Quality in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification by the supplier
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration & change management
- ASML factory disturbances
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree in physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or related
- Broad (preferably >5 years) relevant experience in high-tech industry, with complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management and a broad technical knowledge; i.e. more a generalist than a specialist
The following personal skills are crucial for a successful execution:
- Initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Networker with good negotiating and team building skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Team player
- Fluent in both English and German language
- Travelling 10%
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote per-sons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A job with a promising future in Berlin Neukölln
- Flexible structuring of daily work hours
- We reward performance with attractive compensation (including Christmas and holiday bonuses as well as variable compensation components)
- A varied and innovative work environment on a strong team
- We offer you specific opportunities for advanced training and development so that we can realize your professional plans for the future together
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes that encourage independent work
- The opportunity to convert variable compensation components into additional days off
- We promote team spirit through regular company events
- Extensive health and sports offers (e.g. subsidy for sports activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- Mobility benefit für BVG company ticket or bicycle
- A variety of attractive discounts
We are looking for people who can shape the future with us and inspire themselves and others for innovative technologies, new challenges and future-oriented solutions. Does this appeal to you? Then apply using our online application form, stating your salary requirements and earliest possible joining date. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please use our online portal for your application. You are welcome to submit your documents in English OR German. Questions regarding the recruitment process? Here you can contact us directly: +4971189989397.