Senior Specialist Tax Compliance (m/f/d)
Introduction to the job
We are a high-tech company and leading supplier to the semiconductor industry. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chip manufacturers use to produce integrated circuits or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all electronic devices that inform, entertain and connect us. More than 1.400 employees develop and manufacture key components for ASML lithography systems at our facility in Berlin.
Do you find it challenging to contribute to the success of our world-class finance department as an expert in tax compliance and tax accounting? Do you find professional fulfilment in a hectic, dynamic, and internationally-oriented environment with tight deadlines?
The tax compliance and accounting specialist will be part of the Finance team in Berlin and has the Corporate Tax department in Veldhoven as a business partner. The primary goal is to execute the external and internal tax-related processes effectively and efficiently for ASML Berlin and other German group companies. Part of this job is continuously increasing the efficiency of the current processes.
Role and responsibilities
(Co-) responsible for:
- Contribution to the worldwide ASML Tax line process (forecasting annualized Effective Tax Rate (ETR))
- Tax accounting questions/issues, closing process, critical review of uncertain tax positions, and data collection for tax audits and or new rulings
- Analyzing tax reporting implications of changes in accounting standards
- Determination & monitoring of tax positions of German group entities for local GAAP purposes
- VAT compliance and reporting activities for ASML Berlin and other German group companies
- Other tax compliance-related matters such as withholding taxes, property taxes
- Contributing to German tax audits and information requests from German tax authorities
- Ensure SOX compliant Tax management process
- High-quality service to internal and external clients: on time, accurate and - within limits – flexible
- Working with highly demanding business partners
Education and experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in (internationally oriented) comparable positions/ or 6 years of Big four experience
- Knowledge of applicable tax accounting rules (US GAAP / IFRS) and experience with tax-related compliance processes
- Good analytical, communicative, and social skills.
- Professional and ambitious attitude
- Results-oriented, team player with a high sense of responsibility
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes
- Capable of co-working with team members while maintaining a high-level overview
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues in other countries
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and
promote per-sons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that
diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A job with a promising future in Berlin Neukölln
- Flexible structuring of daily work hours
- We reward performance with attractive compensation (including Christmas and holiday bonuses as well as variable compensation components)
- A varied and innovative work environment on a strong team
- We offer you specific opportunities for advanced training and development so that we can realize your professional plans for the future together
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes that encourage independent work
- The opportunity to convert variable compensation components into additional days off
- We promote team spirit through regular company events
- Extensive health and sports offers (e.g. subsidy for sports activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- A variety of attractive discounts
We are looking for people who can shape the future with us and inspire themselves and others for innovative technologies, new challenges and future-oriented solutions. Does this appeal to you? Then apply using our online application form, stating your salary requirements and earliest possible joining date. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please use our online portal for your application.
Questions regarding the recruitment process? Here you can contact us directly: +49 71189989397.