Project Lead for Sophisticated Construction Projects (m/f/d)
Introduction to the job
ASML is a high-tech company with its headquarters in the Netherlands. We, at ASML, manufacture the complex lithography machines that chip manufacturers use to produce integrated circuits or computer chips. Our customers include all the world's leading chip manufacturers such as Intel, Samsung and TSMC. What we do is at the heart of all electronic devices that inform, entertain and connect us. Electronic devices that you use every day may simply not exist without our machines. In collaboration with our partners, we drive forward the development of lower-cost, higher-performance and more energy-efficient microchips.
Behind ASML's innovations are researchers, engineers and manufacturing specialists who think ahead. Our company is home to some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, computer science and software engineering. They work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, listening and learning from each other.
In 2020, ASML acquired all shares of Berliner Glas GmbH - an important supplier to ASML for over 30 years. Berliner Glas was founded in Berlin in 1952 as a glazier and glass wholesaler. Over the next decades, the company evolved into a high-tech, high-precision business critical to the semiconductor supply chain. Today, ASML in Berlin has 1,600 employees, is a major ASML R&D and production facility with expertise in optics and wafer chuck technology.
Our CRE (Corporate Real Estate) division is responsible for all ASML buildings, infrastructures and facilities throughout their service lives. It plays a crucial role in the change and development processes that will take us into completely new dimensions. CRE not only manages our significant facility expansion, it also ensures top performance of our critical systems.
Based in Berlin, we are in a change and development processes that will take us to completely new dimensions. This also includes a significant expansion of our site. To this end, we need bright minds, who, acting as the Project Lead, will be responsible for driving forward our construction projects and helping to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
Our projects include the conversion of production areas during ongoing operation as well as comprehensive new construction of production and office buildings. The short to long-term projects in your remit are multidisciplinary, technically complex and involve significant project budgets as high as 20m EUR.
- Manage projects related to new construction or the conversion and renovation of buildings and technical systems used in industrial operations.
- Responsibility for resource management and scope of construction projects
- Determine the requirements of each project in cooperation with internal stakeholders.
- Implement technically complex, multidisciplinary projects according to the building generation process (BGP) within CRE.
- Create project initiation documents (PID), project plans, intermediate reports, and project completion documents that are all based on our business requirements and BGP.
- Ensure timely delivery, budget compliance, occupational safety, and the fulfillment of all quality standards.
- Make continuous improvements of project management standards and methods.
- Coordinate all involved parties including stakeholders, architects, engineers (internal and external), consultants, technicians, contractors, and users.
- Architecture or engineering degree in construction management or comparable qualification
- Several years’ experience in construction, conversion, and renovation project management
- Comprehensive and relevant industrial experience
- Experience with manufacturing or production processes
- Knowledge of infrastructure supply systems (power, mechanical, gas, clean rooms, clean room technology, etc.)
- General knowledge of applicable quality standards and regulations (e.g., EN/ISO, sustainability, construction tendering, German Construction Contract Procedures VoB)
- Knowledge of LEAN, PMBoK/Prince beneficial
- Understanding of the effects of various (technical) decisions as well as the ability to find the best solution
- Experience using MS Project or comparable planning systems
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, independence, and ability to make decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage stakeholders
- Self-confidence, ability to cope with pressure
- Ability to assess risk and correctly evaluate the situation to minimize risks
- Very good proficiency in German and English, both written and spoken
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote per-sons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A job with a promising future with the innovation leader in the semi-conductor industry in Berlin Neukölln
- Close collaboration and cooperation with our Dutch headquarters and many of our global facilities
- Remuneration according to the collective wage agreement including variable, performance-related components
- Christmas and vacation bonus
- 30 days’ vacation
- Reimbursement of moving expenses for you and your family
- Access to organized childcare and vacation care
- Specific advanced training and development options
- The opportunity to convert variable compensation components into additional days off
- We promote team spirit through regular company events
- Extensive health and sports offers (e.g. subsidy for sports activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- Mobility benefit for BVG company ticket or bicycle
- Flexible structuring of daily work hours as well as a mobile working option - depending on your work area
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes that encourage independent work
We are looking for people who can shape the future with us and inspire themselves and others for innovative technologies, new challenges and future-oriented solutions. Does this appeal to you? Then apply using our online application form, stating your salary requirements and earliest possible joining date. We look forward to receiving your application.
Human Resources Department
Phone +49 1 777 200 700
Please use our online portal for your application.
Do you have any questions about our application process? If yes, you can contact Martin directly via: +49 1 777 200 700