Group Lead Sourcing Leads (m/f/d)
ASML is a high-tech company with its headquarters in the Netherlands. We, at ASML, manufacture the complex lithography machines that chip manufacturers use to produce integrated circuits or computer chips. Our customers include all the world's leading chip manufacturers such as Intel, Samsung and TSMC. What we do is at the heart of all electronic devices that inform, entertain and connect us. Electronic devices that you use every day may simply not exist without our machines. In collaboration with our partners, we drive forward the development of lower-cost, higher-performance and more energy-efficient microchips.
Behind ASML's innovations are researchers, engineers and manufacturing specialists who think ahead. Our company is home to some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, computer science and software engineering. They work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, listening and learning from each other.
ASML Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) is an industry-leading supply-chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers in the field. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions.
The S&SC Berlin team is newly integrated in the ASML S&SC structure and is an agile and growing organization, responsible to secure material and equipment availability for ASML Berlin Factory and other internal customers. Berlin Factory is a critical player in ASML’s global Manufacturing and Development network - developing, sourcing and manufacturing key optics and wafer chuck modules for ASML lithography systems, including wafer tables and clamps, reticle chucks and mirror blocks. We face unprecedented demand growth, which requires rapid and flawless ramp-up of Berlin Factory and it’s supply chain network.
We manage the capacity ramp-up at our external suppliers, which brings a substantial responsibility to our customers. We plan up to four years ahead while customer requirements system bill of materials can change at any time. Disruptions in material availability or poor quality performance will have an unacceptable impact for our internal and external customers. Hence, we must proactively identify and solve potential quality and logistics issues by working closely together with the Program, Business Lines, D&E, Factories, Suppliers and their N-tier network.
He/she is responsible for Costs and Sustainability (in QLTCS) in preparing external Berlin supply chains that deliver Machined Ceramic and Glass modules to ASML Berlin Factory. His/her team chairs and orchestrates Supplier Account Team (SAT) QLTCS interfaces with suppliers.
The scope of responsibilities include a contribution of Machined Ceramic and Glass suppliers in line with ASML’s long term needs and sourcing strategies – Scout, develop and manage suppliers to required competitive QLTCS performance and pro-actively de-risk complex supply chains with respect to material deliveries, capacities and quality. Moreover, it includes New Product Introductions at suppliers, execution of outsourcing (Make or Buy decision) and cost reduction projects, as well as support of technology roadmap alignment between Development & Engineering groups and the supply chain ecosystem.
All direct spend at external suppliers
- Responsible for Costs and Sustainability domain in the design of the ASML supply chain for Machined Ceramic and Glas modules to secure ASML Berlin business needs. Delivering supply chain relevant requirements in contract agreements with our suppliers.
- Co-responsible for strategy, design, and transformation of the Berlin Sourcing & Supply Chain department to enable ASML’s general and Berlin’s specific 2025 and 2030 business objectives.
- Co-Develop a vision of the supplier landscape and category strategy including regional needs, and get this vision supported by stakeholders at ASML.
- Ensure adequate organization and staffing is in place fit for the future, maintain and further develop people competence to increase impact on suppliers.
- Cultivate team capabilities by communicating clear roles, responsibilities and mandates within supplier account and category teams.
- Co-prepare supply chain relevant decision criteria for cross-functional decision bodies, related to sourcing decisions, capacity investments and supplier selection and contracting.
- Co-responsible for supply chain rationalization activities (the re-allocation of outsourced work in line with ASML strategic direction).
- Oversee NPI projects in alignment with category strategy by ensuring S&SC involvement early in the design and specification process.
- Co-responsible for x-sector strategy implementation of SC transformation programs (e.g. EUV Cycle Time Reduction, Outsourcing Programs for non-unique process steps).
- Create transparency, drive decisions and align on S&SC activities and priorities for NPI, outsourcing projects and supplier selections towards involved operations sectors.
- Implement Long Term Supply Agreements with strategic suppliers in line with the category strategies.
- Build supplier intimacy to a level that guarantees fair/constructive two-way communication/interaction and enable the right traction and follow up on material escalations, capacity preparation, structural quality improvements etc.
- Oversee transparency of interactions, long-term competence, CoG roadmaps, development activities, and sharpening negotiations scripts and tactics for each strategic supplier.
- Ensure that the QLTCS KPIs for Machined Ceramics and Glass suppliers are understood and continous imorovements are visible.
- Secure timely execution of capacity ramp-up plans for critical supply chains and implementation of structural improvement plans following supplier audits.
- Escalation path for supplier QLTCS performance internally and externally towards suppliers, including New Product Introductions.
- Master degree in Supply Chain Management, (Industrial) Engineering, or Business Administration and Graduate degree in physics, engineering or other technical field
- 8-10 years relevant international management experience in a large international company
- Experience in high-tech industry
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with supply chain processes in production environment, incl. Supply Chain Management, Operations, Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
- Experience in operational excellence/LEAN and quality management.
- Experience in strategic chance and continues improvement management
- Outstanding stakeholder management, relationship and organization building skills
- Excellent capability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving the mission
- A strategic and conceptual thinker with business sense
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain strong executional focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong decision making and program management skills
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with external suppliers
Equal opportunity is a core value for ASML as an employer because we believe that diversity and inclusion are the driving forces for the success of our company. We respect and promote all applicants and employees regardless of their ethnicity, skin color, religious affiliation, gender, age, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity.
What we offer you
- A future-proof job with the innovation leader in the semiconductor industry in Berlin Neukölln
- Remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement that includes variable, performance-related components
- Vacation and Christmas bonuses
- 30 vacation days
- Reimbursement of relocation costs for you and your family
- Specific advanced training and development opportunities
- Access to organized childcare and holiday care
- Health and sports offers (e.g. subsidies for sporting activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- Travel allowance for BVG company ticket or bicycle
- Flexible daily working hours as well as the possibility of mobile working - depending on the work area
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes that encourage independent work
We are looking for people who can shape the future with us and inspire themselves and others regarding innovative technologies, new challenges and future-oriented solutions. Does this appeal to you? Then apply now using our online application form, stating your expected salary and your earliest joining date. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please use our online portal for your application.
Do you have any questions about the application process? Here you can reach Elvira directly: +49 71189989397